Monday, November 21, 2011

Birthday Party and update

So Saturday we celebrated B and E's birthdays with their new friends. We went to the local park, had pizza and cake and played a lot. The kids had a blast and they have such nice friends. It was a great time. It was a good opportunity for me to get to know some of their friends' families and for them to play with friends outside of school. We're all still adjusting to this move. By far, this has been the hardest one on all 4 of us. Ben wrote to his friend, L, the other day and said that he wishes he still lived on the East Coast. :( Me too, buddy, me too. We do like AZ. The area is nice and there are lots of nice people. I don't want to spend all my time complaining, we just miss everyone out east and feel isolated here.

I talked to our agency today. It as a very upbeat, hopeful conversation and I felt good afterward. It sounds like referrals should be coming in soon (something they don't have control over) but the part that really helped is that she really seemed to have our back. She told me that we've been waiting longest (I knew this, but it was nice for her to say it out loud) and she said she fully intends to advocate for us (she started earlier this month by submitting a few families who have been waiting longest to them and asked SWS to consider how long we've been waiting. I am so thankful that they are trying all they can. This part is not in their hands, but they really seem to be doing all they can.

Not much news otherwise. Have a great day! Happy Thanksgiving week!

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday to B & E!
    big hugs to you, christy...you are so strong and i canNOT wait to rejoice with you when you finally do get that referral!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart breaks for everything you all are going through. Not just moving to a completely new location but also still waiting for your referral. I know we waited a VERY long time for our referral/match. I also know that while we were waiting I just couldn't tell myself that in the end the wait was worth it, but it was. Waiting is worth it because God has a plan and has already chosen a child for you. I'll say a prayer as we fly overhead in the next couple months. The military is also taking us to a new location literally across country (and overseas) and our children are no less happy than yours were/are. They don't want to move, and Mommy is right alongside them. It doesn't matter that we're going to be living in Hawaii for 3 years. They don't want to go and we don't want to leave the East Coast. There's just something special about the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy- I'm so glad you commented on my blog! Please send me your email when you get a chance if you don't mind. It's brookemurphree@gmail.com. Just wanted to touch base with you. :)

    ReplyDelete