Friday, June 24, 2011

Update: Application sent, in NY

Well we finally sent our "application" in to Dillon Southwest (not to be confused with Dillon that is in the rest of the country which even our agency didn't realize until talking to them). It was a lot of work so we're definitely celebrating being done. Hopefully our 8 reference letters (yes 8) will be there soon and we can plan our interviews and home visit so this can get approved for a (hopefully) fall referral.

Brian is in AZ. No household goods, but at least we're getting there. Baby steps. I am very excited to see my friend, Becky when we get to AZ. It is such a blessing and comfort to know that I'll have a friend just an hour away.

The wildfires are 59% under control (which is good - it was 17% not long ago) and most evacuations have been lifted at this time. Praise God! Praying for rain to put those fires out completely.

We're in NY visiting family. It's wonderful to be here though hard to be in transition. We miss everyone in Virginia but it's a bit surreal that we've actually left and we're not just on vacation. I can't express how wonderful everyone was. Saying goodbye was HARD. I made some amazing friends, a few only in the past year but they came to be such terrific friends I didn't want to leave (K, S, and G - miss you already!)! I know we'll be back, which helps. It's still hard to know I can't see them whenever we want. When it starts to seem real I get sad but then I get busy with family and just go back to not really believing we're gone. I'll face reality eventually. ;)

Friday, June 17, 2011

Packers are here, fire?!?

It's been a crazy month. I haven't blogged much. We're in the process of moving, a bit sooner than expected. We're headed to Arizona (via NY, NJ, IN - yeah, not quite the right direction so this is a long trip). It's been a lot of work getting ready for this.

On top of that we've been re-doing ALL of our adoption paperwork. Almost done! That will be mailed out Monday morning! We need our lab work to come back so the docs can sign off on everything.

We've had a few hang ups with getting our things moved, then I ended up not feeling well yesterday and today, and my brake lights are out and need to be fixed before we moved. These are the things I've been worried about, but they really pale in comparison to a new concern...

There are hugs wildfires in the part of AZ we're moving to. The very southern part of our new hometown has been evacuated and the 10 day forecast does not have a drop of rain. Instead there's sun and wind (not helpful!). Please pray for rain for AZ. Monsoon season should be starting in a few weeks, but it hasn't hit yet. Please pray that those rains will come very soon.

Thanks. I'll keep you posted on what I hear.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Is it Wednesday?


B had a fever from Thursday afternoon until yesterday. He's on antibiotics (when I called to get him in the doctor's offices on base were all closed for the 4-day so we finally went to the ER Monday and he got some meds). He has a sinus infection and bronchial spasms. It changed some plans but we still got to see my wonderful brother-in-law and his awesome girlfriend who came to visit us (B's fever had subsided for a full 24 hours so we thought he was better before they came. It came back that night).

B was finally back at school today! Hurray! And I got to see my friends S and C and their daughter! But I still have trouble remembering it's Wednesday, so no whatnot today - but do check out Elizabeth's blog - it's great!!!