I married the most amazing man in the world (sorry to all of you who think you did, but I actually did)! :)
10 things I've learned in 10 years of marriage:
1. The first year of marriage is HARD. I think we do a disservice to young couples by calling it a "honeymoon period" b/c it gives the impression that it's downhill from there. Let me tell you, it's all been better since the first year. And it just keeps getting better!
2. Sometimes separation can help bring you closer.
3. Men and women communicated differently - I've learned to be blunt and not hint around at what I'm trying to talk about. It has helped a lot!
4. Lists are hard - even though you know you've learned a lot, it's hard to recall it when you're making a list.
5. Even though Brian is the love of my life, I still do need other friends. He can't be my everything. I needed to learn to rely on God for that.
6. We grow closer with time in all ways and enjoy time together more and more.
7. Kids can make marriage more interesting rather than putting it on a back burner.
8. Sometimes you have to work to make your marriage a priority over soccer practice, volunteer opportunities, work, and yes, even your children. Not saying your children's needs are ignored, just that you remember that your marriage really needs to be a priority! That helps our children feel secure.
9. Did I mention that I married the best man in the whole world? I've learned this more and more over the years.
10. I'm constantly learning and amazed at God's awesome work in our lives and how that really led us to where we are. We never would have gotten here on our own.
I want to share one last bit of news that has me celebrating and SO excited!!!! Read my friend, Becky's post here: Day by Day Just so happy for them!!! I can't wait to meet Joshua!