OK, many people are new to the adoption process so I'll catch you up as to what we've been through so far.
1. December 1 - Application accepted and started the paperwork
2. December - LOTS of paperwork, 4 medical exams, recommendation letters, 2 birthdays, fingerprints, Christmas, had papers notarized, sent $ to adoption agency, FBI, NY, KS, IN, and VA, New Year's Eve.
3. January 2 - All paperwork sent to Barker (adoption agency).
4. End of January - assigned a wonderful social worker.
5. End of Feb - Homestudy began. A homestudy is a series of interviews with a social worker so that she (or he) can get to know you and make sure you, your family, and your home are ready to receive a(nother) child.
6. March 17 - last homestudy visit, house walk through, and she met the kids.
7. Now she's finishing up the write up of our homestudy and the next step is USCIS approval (more on that soon!).
Our next step is a nice vacation! Visiting my best friend H! Can't wait! Wish Brian could come with us. The kids can't wait b/c H's kids are some of their best friends as well! :)