Friday, January 13, 2012

Running for Sanity

I started running again this week. One huge blessing is that I now have a running partner twice a week! :) Our daughters are in preschool together and we're going to have a standing running date Wed and Fri right after we drop our girls off. I am so excited about this!

I've found that my emotions tend to be a little more in check when I'm running. I have to tell you that I don't want to know what this week would have been like without it then! Rumors abound out of Korea (not good ones) and it's sinking in that I have a son half way around the world who doesn't know us at all. I have a million questions about him that I can't get answered. It's hitting me this week and it's HARD! I have been near tears quite frequently. So running and prayer, that's what's going to get me through this next part of the wait. And I have to give a shout out to Debra - who is always reminding me to run whenever I start to get overwhelmed and upset! :) And to all of my friends who are currently chocolate free waiting for things to start moving in Korea again (yikes! there's a way to deal with stress - give up chocolate!). Here's to happy news soon!

3 comments:

  1. Running- I should try that. I feel like all my stress has taken a toll on my body lately....and not in a good way. :/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you have found some ways to help you cope. I know it is not easy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. running is a GREAT way to handle the stress of the wait. it worked for me...and i am sure it will work for you. HAPPY RUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete