Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Whatnot Wednesdays with Elizabeth
OK, I'm attempting to join my friend Elizabeth over at Every Day the Wonderful Happens with Whatnont Wednesdays. I'm not always the most technologically advanced but I'll give it a try (the linking part is the area I'm not sure about).
- I subbed in E's school today. It's the first time I've "taught" in a LONG time. Every time E saw me she'd yell out "Mommy!" Not surprising, but the kids in her class were confused to see me in the class next door too and kept asking me about it. Apparently I was a side show and I felt bad for how distracting I was to the other class. Too bad the class I was in didn't find me quite so interesting and were happy to let their attention drift anywhere and everywhere else!
- There's a little boy in E's class who is from South Korea. He's adorable, sweet, and incredibly smart! Korean is his first language. I greet him in Korean and he laughs and yells "that's Korean!". Then I say "The Weather is Nice" in Korean and he looks at me like I have 3 heads. Yes folks, apparently my Korean is THAT bad!
I also asked him to tell me how to say dinosaur in Korean. He wouldn't do it. He wanted to teach me colors, not dinosaurs. So - any help? How do you say dinosaur in Korean?
- Sometimes when I'm on the phone with someone I feel like I'm speaking another language. I've had to make several phone calls to make appointments, etc. lately and I always feel like they don't understand what I'm asking? Am I that hard to follow? Does this happen to anyone else?
- I've found one of the best ways to get telemarketers off the phone right now is honesty! I'm sorry, I can't give you money, every cent I have is being saved towards our adoption. Most people say, thanks, good luck and hang up! It's a miracle! :) However, I still can't get those automated places to stop calling. :( Apparently a few people who had our number before us had some financial problems b/c there are about 3 people that we STILL get phone calls about. We've had this number for over 2 years!
- We are really enjoying the fact that B can now play more advanced games. Apples to Apples Jr. is a favorite of both kids (hurray - so much better than Candy Land!) and B's new favorite is Risk. It's a long game and we're not likely to finish one with him for quite a while, but it's fun to see him learn, strategize (?), and get better at this game over time! It's so neat to see him as he is growing up!
- My cousin was coming for dinner. His name is Adam. E kept asking when Alex was coming. I kept correcting her and telling her Adam. Finally I said that we do have a cousin Alex, but this is Adam and she must have given herself a mnemonic device to remember it because a little while later she came upstairs and asked "Mommy, when is Eve coming?"
I bust out laughing and she corrects herself quickly.
OK, so if you really want to laugh - check out Elizabeth's blog and see her Whatnot Wednesday. Woo-hoo! The button worked! Click the button at the top of the post! :) Hurray!
Posted by Christy at 1:41 PM