Monday, October 10, 2011

15 months and some current events

OK, to start - it's been 15 months since HSTK. Here's hoping by 16 months we'll have a picture. We've been told that referrals will start up again in November. I am so ready for November, yet at the same time dreading it. It's actually been a nice respite being out of the "waiting" mode and I'm not looking forward to being there again. However, I'm really hoping it's not very long that we're in it. It looks as though we've been waiting longest at our agency so November is a very realistic timeline. Our agency is telling us November or December. They're saying travel in March/April - I'm saying travel in April/May. I guess we'll see. :)

I have a couple of friends at our agency (whom I've never met in person) that I've been waiting most of this time with. Kelly and Monica (check out their awesome fundraisers) are numbers 2 and 3 (from what we've figured out, there is always room for error) and we've been waiting together for quite some time. Kelly is about a month behind, and Monica about 2 months so we're all over a year of waiting at this point and it's been such a blessing to have people to email and write to, pray with and for, and have someone who understands to talk to. I'm rambling here, forgive me. I have other awesome friends who have been waiting too, but I thought I'd give a shout out to the two who have been enduring this with me for so long at our agency. We are all ready to see our babies' sweet faces! :)

In other news: B had an awesome soccer game the other day! He was right in there playing hard or cheering hard for his team the entire time AND he even scored! :) He also assisted a goal with his throw-in. But most of all I was just so proud of how attentive he was to the game the entire time - playing or not. :)

My parents are visiting. Nonni and Paika are definitely a huge hit in this house. Every meal starts with figuring out who gets to sit by who. We have played games, read books, gone to the pumpkin patch, went to Tombstone (with Uncle Doug who was also in town!), done some other touring in the area and it's been awesome. B got to go to his first NFL game with Brian and Paika which was awesome for all of them. We went hiking yesterday and B was leading the way the whole time. I love to see him when he's confident and feeling strong. It's a work in progress because he does not always portray that confidence at all. E did very well for a 4 year old. It was a 2 1/2 mile hike, but it was in the mountains therefore it was rocky, rough, and uphill or narrow much of the way. By the last 1/2 mile she was about done but she spent that first 2 miles really doing an awesome job (that portion took us about and hour and a half to give you an idea).
Right now we're off to attempt making pumpkin pie starting with a pumpkin - completely from scratch! :) B is quite excited!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of great news! So happy to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so out of the loop for the summer, having had terrible morning sickness. When I came across your blog today I was shocked you still haven't gotten a referral! I'm praying it comes quickly and that you have so much to celebrate this holiday season!!! I'm also surprised you moved, I'm so glad to hear it was uneventful and hop you're settling in well. We're hoping to get to AZ at some point...

    ReplyDelete