Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A more positive note

OK, yesterday's post was a little whiney. It wasn't a bad day, just honest but leaning towards frustration. The problem is, it's frustration I put on myself. I feel like I have to be the perfect host. I have to remember that they're living here for 5 weeks, not visiting for 5 days. I don't have to fill up their time and have everything perfect. I need to relax. I'm doing a bit better with that.

I have to tell you, too, that J, G, and H are wonderful people. I'm finding it so interesting to learn about Ugandan culture and looking forward to trying more Ugandan food! ;) I'm always up for trying new things! G is really settling in with the kids. That manic-ness (not really a word, but it works) of the first couple of days for all 3 kids has calmed down into a more happy play time together.

On another wonderful note - I got a TERRIFIC email today! What a wonderful surprise to see an email from my friend, G, who is currently in Korea. I didn't expect to hear from her until she got home. I was thrilled to hear how things are going. Anyone know where you can find an umbrella stroller in Seoul for less than $150?!? I can't wait to meet her new little one!!!

Hope you're all having a great day. Taekwondo for B tonight and E gets a little Mommy time during it so those are good things. A bit more normal routine for them will be great. :)

3 comments:

  1. Girl I totally hear ya! It's hard whatever the reason or length to have company of any kind and with this special circumstance I can't even imagine! Hang in there! Everyone will find their new-albeit temporary-normal soon! Blessings friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel at all bad about being honest and expressing frustration. That's what these blogs are for!

    Glad to hear everyone is settling in. I loved your pics of Korean food. Maybe you'll share pics of Ugandan food sometime. I realize you've got plenty on your to-do list now :) But if you've ever got more details on that front, I'd be curious to hear what it is.

    Good luck! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are fantastic for offering up your home. Don't put pressure on yourself. I am sure they are not expecting "the perfect host!".

    As far as the stroller goes, have them try the Lotte Mart at Seoul Station.

    ReplyDelete