Tuesday, February 8, 2011

7 months...

It's been 7 months since HSTK! There was definitely a time when I didn't think we'd wait this long at all. There was also a time when I would have been THRILLED to even be considering a referral around now. So I'm sticking with thrilled. So happy that there's a good chance it could be SOON! It may be another month, month and a half and I'm totally OK with that. It could be a lot longer, but it doesn't seem like it from the way SWS is moving (hoping not). So thankful that it could be coming up. Resting in God's perfect timing!

The hard part for me right now is trying not to think about it. I'm no longer anxious, but I still think about it every time my phone rings (but please don't stop calling me!). I still think about it when I wake up in the morning - today could be the day we learn about our child. It's on my mind all the time. It's hard to change that. It can also make time drag to think about it all the time (a watched pot and all that). So trying to concentrate on other things.

Fortunately today I had an AWESOME distraction! I got to watch my friend's girls (and E got a playdate) while she went to be fingerprinted (again - darn USCIS - prayers that this time everything is good)! Then we spent a lot of the day together! I am so thankful for this friendship that only came about due to adoption! Wow! And the fact that our girls have become such good friends - here's hoping our youngest children (likely boys) will be too! ;) Thank you K for such a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Christy, it was wonderful to meet you on Saturday. I am praying your referral comes soon and praying the fingerprints (I will second the darn USCIS).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet friend. I really appreciate you and am so thankful that our paths crossed on this adoption journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you two are close enough to hang out..just wish I could, too! Here's to another month down!!! I've got you in our give away twice...really hoping this is your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, christy! i love your positive attitude...:) you'll be getting that referral with that sweet little face before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying February is your month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I hope it comes soon, soon, soon!!!

    Much love,
    Future Mama
    http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete