Yesterday we got an unexpected call. We had written to someone on Craigslist about a bunk bed and had heard someone had already claimed it. I got a call yesterday afternoon saying that the person never showed and since it was Sunday evening and we were all home, we were able to go right away to pick it up. Funny thing (side note) - when Brian got there he met both husband and wife - husband is also in the military, working at the same place as Bri, and in the same field. Anyway, they helped us bring the bunks here and they're in pieces all over our house. :) But we're excited to have them and we'll be very excited when they're put together (I'll try to post pictures - haven't done that on here yet). The kids keep asking when it'll be done.
Here's the question - we weren't planning to move the kids in together until this summer. Do we start that sooner? The main reason I would is because now we have to find a place to keep the crib, etc. With the extra furniture in the house it's getting a bit crowded. I guess we'll have to play it by ear. I'm still leaning toward waiting for summer. I just think it's going to take a good week or so for them to get used to sleeping in the same room and getting a good night's sleep most nights.
So today marks 2 weeks since we were fingerprinted and almost 5 weeks since USCIS received our home study. I'm hoping it's only a few more weeks but I'm guessing 6 until we get the I-171H (aka I-600a approval, aka the US gov't says we can adopt internationally). ;) My guess and expectation is set on what I've heard from other families. I guess we'll see.
Have a happy Monday and a great week!