Friday, May 21, 2010

Family Fun Friday: Trip to the Pentagon

Today I was able to go visit the Pentagon. I thought that was pretty cool. G was only so impressed. B really wants to go so hopefully we'll get a chance this summer (maybe without G since she isn't yet able to appreciate it much). The real reason for the trip was to renew my ID card since it expires this month but it was fun to see the inside of the Pentagon and learn some fun facts. Today I learned that the Russians had missiles aimed right at the building in the middle of the courtyard of the Pentagon. They thought that it was in the middle of everything and people were always coming and going from there so it must be important. It is. It's called.....The Ground Zero Sandwich Shop - yes folks, it's important b/c it feeds the bellies of those who work there. ;)

Tomorrow B has Swim Lessons. He's pretty excited about that. Then it's off to my friend's 30th b-day celebration and her son's 3rd birthday celebration. It should be fun. Then G has a birthday party on Sunday so lots of birthday celebrations!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I like learning history! I'm glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete