My wonderful blog (and forum) friend Tracee at Mothering in a Shoe (http://motheringinashoe.blogspot.com <--I think I need to learn how to turn words into a hyperlink...anyone want to teach me I'd greatly appreciate it) gave me my first award! The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks so much Tracee! For those of you who haven't read her blog it is about being a Mom to her three beautiful children, adoptive parenting, being a Foster Mom and a Military Wife! Wow! Check out her blog! So, with the Versatile Blogger Award comes a few guidelines...
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 7 other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fabulous.
- Contact the bloggers you chose and let them know about the award
1. I am a military wife and I'm happy about it. I wasn't always happy about it but I've come a long way in the past 9 years! :) The hardest part was probably throwing up pregnant with my husband in Iraq during his first deployment. Scared + Sick = 1 unhappy wife (and Mommy to be).
2, I am a Christian and God has always brought me in unexpected directions (see above) and has always used the negative situations in life for His good! The aforementioned deployment lead to amazing communication and an even better marriage than ever anticipated! The adoption definitely has it's share of ups and downs and I'm frustrated at times, but I know God is in control and He will make something wonderful out of the negative situations (specifically out of our poor child's loss and the negative situation(s) that led to his/her adoption plan in the first place - not erase the hurt but bring beautiful things from the bad).
3. I'm a runner. I used to hate running. I often used my kids as an excuse not to run (granted a well founded excuse, still an excuse). Once when doing that my husband told me that he'd watch the kids but that I won't start running. Well, that was it. My friend and I started running together 3 days per week. When we moved to the DC area I signed up for the 10 miler and had a goal (one I wasn't sure I'd obtain). I ran it last year and it was awesome. I'm signed up again for this year and have had trouble being consistent with workouts so I'm getting nervous and need to get my butt in gear!
4. I'm not the most organized person in the world (to say the least). The good thing is I've gotten much better since becoming a Mom. It's still a lot of work for me to stay organized and on top of things (including cleaning) but I'm doing fairly well at it now.
5. I have a SWEET TOOTH! I love ice cream, cookies, chocolate, donuts, etc. I can't get enough. The only thing that doesn't excite me is candy. Most candy (except for the chocolate variety) is something I can pass up. I loved it when I was younger but now it's nothing special.
6. Confession: I get too into tv shows. The ones I'm following, I get interested in and excited about and can't wait for the next episode. Sort of like a good book where I can't put it down. I look forward to the next show a bit more than I should, in my opinion.
7. Never in my life could I have imagined my life to be as wonderful as it. A loving husband, two terrific kids, in the process of adopting our 3rd, amazing family and friends. I am so thankful for my life. It's not exciting, it's not perfect, but it's truly amazing to live it!
OK - Blog friends to award this to (apologies again for my inability to turn names into links):
1. Pixie over at Cheese Curds and Kimchi: http://curdsandkimchi.blogspot.com/
2. Elisabeth at Loving Leah with All Our Heart and Seoul: http://lovingourleah.blogspot.com/
3. Jenny at Searching for Cutie Pie Clopton: http://cutiepieclopton.blogspot.com/
4. Linny at A Place Called Simplicity: http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/
5. Kala at Our Adoption Journey: http://adoptfromkorea.blogspot.com/
6. Sonia at His Hands, His Feet: http://cheaperbythehalfdozens.blogspot.com/
7. Elizabeth at Romans 8:15: http://romanseightfifteen.blogspot.com/
8. Sandra at Three Continents, One Family: http://across3continents.blogspot.com/
I didn't follow the rules and I did 8. I tried to do 8 people who haven't posted about the award yet (though they may have been awarded it). I also may have missed it so forgive me. This is a great way to share blogs so check those out. I want to mention a.e.i.o.u., Chois R US, Little Bit O'Seoul, and John and Kelly + Max because I enjoy those a lot, I believe they've all received the award but wanted to mention them anyway. I enjoy learning more about everyone. Have a great day!