Saturday, January 15, 2011

An Update

There's not a lot of news here but I did call our agency this week. Bascially she said that we'll have a referral within the next 6 months. She said that referrals have been coming in. It *could* be sooner, but she doesn't really want to get our hopes up. No real news - but she's willing to give us some hope. That went a long way to bringing me some peace and for some reason hearing that gave me the ability to spend less time obsessing and more time enjoying life here - exactly what I needed!

The good news I got is that we don't have to update our home study yet. Home studies in VA are good for 3 years as long as the agency you are working with is based (or somewhat based) in VA (ours is in MD w/satellite offices in VA). However, USCIS requires an update when your I-171H needs to be renewed (18 months). So since that isn't until January, we're hoping we have a child home before that's necessary (so we may have to update before finalization, not sure how that works).

Just thought I'd share the quick update. Hope you're all enjoying this long weekend! More on car seats and Build A Bear soon!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you got some kind of update! :) They seem to be so vague when it comes to a timeline. I'm thinking you will definitely have a referral before 6 months! Every other agency that works with SWS seems to still be getting them earlier than what our agency is saying. Still praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really hoping for a referral within 5-6 months too.If we havent gotten one by then, I think it will be very hard for me to not get really impatient. I wonder how close our referrals will be? They might be really close:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying in 6 months from now we are bidding you farewell to Korea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! Can't wait for you all to finally get a referral!!!! Especially since you'll be able to post photos!!! We have friends who just brought their son home from Korea in November!! How long from referral until you actually get to travel (I know it's only an estimate)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad that you got some good news and that you have peace overall...i hope the within 6 months means SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think summer would be a wonderful time for our families to travel to Korea--hopefully sooner for yours!! I do hope that Barker is estimating on the longer side. But again, we can rest in the assurance that the Lord is already there and knows the perfect time for our little ones to come home!

    ReplyDelete