Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Zingo!, Mancala, and Trouble, Oh my!

We are snowed in. Oh wow - it JUST started to snow for real. We had a snow day today (who knows why - it was slush) and we are almost guaranteed one tomorrow. We have played several games of Zingo! and Mancala as well as a game of Trouble. I have vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and all the bathrooms and I'm working on the closets upstairs (a bit of nesting...come on referral!). The kids have been spies with their walkie-talkies and B's cool Spy Gear (spying on me while I was cleaning upstairs - very stealthy!), played Wii, and basically exhausted my creativity at this point.

HELP! I need ideas for tomorrow to keep 2 kids and 1 Mommy busy and happy tomorrow. Today it was raining all day during our "snow" day so going outside was not a possibility. Hoping for real snow tomorrow (if we're going to have the day off) so that we can play in it and get outside for a bit!

Stay warm!

8 comments:

  1. Play Uno, make Valentine's cards (not that far away). Bake cookies! Build forts with blankets, chairs and tables. We did cards and cookies today in our house. We are all getting over colds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bake something (anything! bread, cake, cookies, brownies) and let the kids "help."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree: baking; build forts. We pull out the playdoh, the play tents, movies (because really - what's better than being wrapped up together in front of a movie), and some art project. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baking is always great, my favorite thing to do with the kids, but I'm trying to avoid it b/c then I EAT it! But tomorrow I'll probably cave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I agree with the baking. That always keeps everyone occupied at least for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the valentine's idea! i also love to make valentine's mailboxes -- you can use any kind of container, really, just be creative!
    p.s. today's "snow" day was ridiculous, wasn't it?? so silly...i'm thinking schiool might even be closed on friday, meaning now we'd have to make one up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't bake with my kids--I save that for when they are napping, but we love to have picnics in different places in the house. Sometimes just on the living room carpet, a tent in the playroom or even in a bedroom floor. It just mixes up the routine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came across this...
    http://happyhappyhousewife.blogspot.com/2011/01/winter-activities-for-kids-part-one.html

    ReplyDelete